The Original Hick’ry Pit of Walnut Creek has been an icon since 1958, making it the oldest restaurant in town! The first Hick’ry Pit was opened by Mr. Emil Villa on Telegraph Avenue in Oakland in 1928. It started as a bakery, but later the BBQ restaurant next door was for sale. Mr. Villa decided to purchase the BBQ restaurant, tear down the wall, and make into the first Hick’ry Pit!
Guests frequent their restaurant because of great homemade food, friendly service, comfort, and consistency!
The Original Hick’ry Pit
1495 S Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596